***CLEAR BROWSER CACHE***
If you have an issue with round circles displaying all over the forum, it will clear up once you clear out your browser cache.

My testimony of the BOM

A place to share your witness and testimony of Christ, the restored gospel, the Book of Mormon etc...
Torquemada

My testimony of the BOM

Post by Torquemada » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:41 am

There is a lot of evidence against the BOM. Many have left the church because of lack of DNA evidence, lack of archaeological evidence and so forth. Yet there are subtle evidences that the antis tend to want to ignore, but I will not speak of this here.

I will speak of personal inspiration, things that I have come to know that I can only speak about because there is no physical nor historical evidence that can be fully relied upon.

Joseph Smith did indeed translate the golden plates. He needed the darkness of his hat to be able to sense and see what to translate. Joseph was terrified of the power of the BOM. Angels were at his side helping him and the information he was getting was often overwhelming him. He left parts out because he feared the people were not ready for it's full message. He also feared bodily harm.

There is massive archaeological evidence, but it has not been discovered. It is a relatively small area where the Jaredite and Nephite civilizations existed. A few artifacts have been found and they are in private collections and it's not known what to make of them.

I don't know where the actual place of the BoM civilization was, but I understand it is being guarded by Angels to prevent discovery. The reason being is that such a discovery would cause millions to be baptized into the church. But why is that a bad thing? Because the teachings of Joseph Smith have been distorted, in addition 1830s male centric culture is being tenaciously held onto by the church.

Joseph was expressly told not to bring forth polygamy. I don't know if he did anyway or if it was BY and the Campbellites that pressured it. BY was poisoned by a "man". Church leaders know this and they are covering it up. That's all that was revealed to me about that.

The priesthood hierarchy was pressured onto Joseph by various male leaders who were concerned about some women in the church that were getting revelations. It was a power ploy to keep them accepting unrighteous dominion under men. Back in the day of "keep 'em barefoot and pregnant", no suffrage or little education, the RS was a rather radical idea and prophetesses were more than many men could handle.

Joseph and Oliver really were visited by John the Baptist, Peter, James and John.

I was also told that Joseph was the brightest mind in the Americas at that time, he had a genius IQ. In the early church there were many power struggles and Joseph tried to keep it under control. But this control today has turned the church into a closed society, closed off to any light and knowledge that comes from sources outside of the first presidency. It is assumed by far too many that anything that doesn't come down from the hierarchy is of the devil.

One one hand we are encouraged to develop our abilities to receive inspiration, but on the other hand it is assumed that we can't distinguish between what is good and what is not.

I'm not a feminist. There are a lot of problems created regarding the hard core femininsts. But what I will say is that it was Satan's plan to CONTROL us, therefore no man should control another. I do not control my wife and neither does she control me. When she requires help I gladly help. Should she hold the priesthood? Why not? She is very capable and the stake presidency, bishops and high priests all respect her wisdom. And of course so do I.

Last night at 2:30 she had a dream that ants were eating our one week old kittens. She got up and it was happening, she saved them from probable death. I know the dream came from the Lord or Angels, but how many would say it was a demon just because her genitals are different than a man's?

The church does not have all the truth, otherwise why would we be admonished to seek further light and knowledge?

Meili

Re: My testimony of the BOM

Post by Meili » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:54 am

Those poor little kittens!

Who told you these things? Did you see any in vision?

HeberC

Post by HeberC » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:51 am

The Book of Mormon has experiences that parallel my own. I don't know why I have been blessed with knowing certain things.
Revelations have influenced my life more than anything and 'opinions' are so irrelevant in comparison. I read a quote that said, "Truth doesn't give a ---- what your opinion is".

What a blessing it is to have the BoM. When I was hungry for it, all I had to do was ask for it. I hungered for 'further light and knowledge'. Denver wrote things that I needed. I had not received what I needed because the corporate church mislead me into believing certain things. Denver told about a Christ who was a happy guy and not a control freak. How could it be otherwise? He loves us as much as the most optimistic believers say He does. I know He loves me so much that He causes me tears of joy. Who else could it be who could do that?

I am in my '40th year of Mormonism'. Hopefully, I won't run out of time before the Second Comforter comes to me.

May we all pass The Test and not rush the pass. 'The Gathering' is not our job. The Test is our job.

Torquemada

Post by Torquemada » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:26 am

Jezebel wrote:Those poor little kittens!

It's difficult to explain, but sometimes the info comes in ways that I don't know how to explain other than calling it a download. This didn't come to me all at once, it came over the course of my lifetime and I hope more may be given.

The BoM people did have steel and the animals and grains spoken of. Sheep do not do well in tropical climates. Wheat and barley prefer cooler climates also. But they would do better at high altitudes in the tropics. I wonder every day where was their civilization. Perhaps that will never be revealed and if it was I would be constrained to not tell.

The church does not have all the truth, otherwise why would we be admonished to seek further light and knowledge?

Meili

Post by Meili » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:03 am

Torquemada wrote:

It's difficult to explain, but sometimes the info comes in ways that I don't know how to explain other than calling it a download. This didn't come to me all at once, it came over the course of my lifetime and I hope more may be given.

The BoM people did have steel and the animals and grains spoken of. Sheep do not do well in tropical climates. Wheat and barley prefer cooler climates also. But they would do better at high altitudes in the tropics. I wonder every day where was their civilization. Perhaps that will never be revealed and if it was I would be constrained to not tell.

They lived in a tropical climate?

Torquemada

Post by Torquemada » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:48 am

Jezebel wrote:
Torquemada wrote:

They lived in a tropical climate?

I don't know, I was just speculating. Alma 46:40 talks about a climate conducive to fevers and many quality herbs. Having worked with Mexican herbs, I can say quality and general knowledge is no joke. But I have also found that fevers are about anger and rage, open or suppressed. Perhaps there were a lot of people with hair trigger tempers among the Nephites?

An Eye Single

Post by An Eye Single » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:43 am

Torquemada wrote:

It's difficult to explain, but sometimes the info comes in ways that I don't know how to explain other than calling it a download.

This is exactly what I call the quickening I feel when I am taught by the power of the Holy Ghost and how I received a testimony of the Book of Mormon. There is so much information that is received in such a very short amount of time.

I looked up the word "remember" once (in Webster's 1828 dictionary) and learned that the word "remember" indicates no effort on the part of the individual doing the remembering. The word "recollect" is used when indicating a degree of individual effort when bringing a piece of information to one's mind. Then I read what Nephi experienced when the Spirit convinces him to slay Laban and realized that he was having a "download". He "remembers" things and I am sure that it happened with no effort on his part and in very short order.

Even though I gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon through a download, one of the things that strengthens that testimony is the fact that I continue to see the same things that happened in the Book of Mormon happen in our world today-both on a societal level as it sinks further into darkness and unbelief and on an individual level to the degree that I do (and sometimes don't, unfortunately) abide by its principles and teachings.

Bottom line is that a testimony of spiritual things can only come from a spiritual source. Thanks for the topic, Torquemada. :)

A Random Phrase

Post by A Random Phrase » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 pm

From what I see of Joseph Smith, he was willing to give the people what they really wanted. They wanted a certain kind of a Church and insisted upon it? Okay. They would "fly to pieces like glass," Joseph said, whenever he would suggest something that went against their traditions. And then, in BY's day, they threw him under the bus in an attempt to convince the gov't (falsely) that Joseph was the one who brought polygamy in (when, in actuality, he fought it. He never preached having lots of wives and lots of children; sealing people to him to be sealed to heaven doesn't equate to having sex, but that seemed difficult for people to grasp).

Torquemada wrote:Last night at 2:30 she had a dream that ants were eating our one week old kittens. She got up and it was happening, she saved them from probable death. I know the dream came from the Lord or Angels, but how many would say it was a demon just because her genitals are different than a man's?

I think, at least I would hope, no one on this site would accuse her of that.

Many years ago, my children and I were staying with a friend. Two had gone to stay with their father, but one stayed with me. We slept on the living room floor, but the friend (and her sister) got tired of not being able to watch their evening shows (that were not appropriate for children), so we began to sleep outside on the tiny metal porch. (Willingly.)

The apartment was on the second floor. The steps down were outside.There was a rail around the porch. Because my daughter had a tendency to sleepwalk, I positioned myself between her and the steps. One night, I dreamed I was standing at the edge of a cliff and was about to jump/dive off. It startled me awake. What I saw was my daughter trying to climb over the railing. Had I not awakened, she would have fallen over the railing onto the concrete walk below. (After that, I insisted on sleeping in the living room again.)

This is not the only time God has warned me about something. Truly, God will speak to anyone: male, female, adult, child.

A Random Phrase

Post by A Random Phrase » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:53 pm

I have always thought that the Book of Mormon was prophesying what was going to happen in this country, including the country and Church falling apart.

SkyBird

Post by SkyBird » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:33 pm

I served two missions, one in American Samoa for 3 years with my family and then a 2 year mission with the Indians (on reservations) in Washington State and Idaho. I came to love the indigenous people of these lands. I recall one Lummi Indian Chief we baptized and gave a BOM to him and the family... weeks later when I went back to the family for a visit, I remember him teaching me from "his" ancestral BOM. Today we do have DNA evidence of the Indians of North America having ties to Jerusalem...

http://www.bookofmormonevidence.org/

When on my mission in I had spiritual confirmation the BOM took place in the USA... it was years later that the physical evidence came out that it is true.

Zelph Revisited by renowned LDS Church Historian Donald Q. Cannon gives a historical background and details the accounts of several brethren who were participating in Zion's Camp march and wrote in their journals about the revelation that Joseph Smith had while exploring an ancient mound perched high on a bluff above the Illinois River. Of the eight writers, three of them eventually became prophets of the restored church. Their corroborative accounts demonstrate that the Prophet Joseph Smith was never tentative about where he KNEW the Book of Mormon to have occurred. Some have attempted to discount the historical Zelph account in order to place the setting for the Book of Mormon in Mesoamerica, however the true historical facts and information is invaluable to those seeking an understanding of the lands of The Book of Mormon.

Seeking the "Remnant": The Native American During The Joseph Smith Period, by renowned LDS Church Historian Ronald W. Walker. Originally given as the Presidential Address of the Mormon History Association annual meeting, May, 1992. Published in the Journal of Mormon History, Volume 19, Issue 1, Spring 1993. Used with permission. This document details the response of Joseph Smith when commanded by the Lord to "go unto the Lamanites and preach my gospel unto them" (D&C 28:8). He immediately dispatched missionaries to New York, Ohio, and Missouri (D&C sections 28, 30 and 32) to preach unto the remnant Lamanites as directed by the Lord. What most don't know is that Joseph continued sending missionaries to the remnant Lamanites for years afterwards, causing no small disturbance among the people of Missouri who were led by Indian agents to believe the Mormon's were forming alliances with the Native American remnant of the Lamanites to exterminate them. This document will change your perspective on this important time frame in church history, and it will also clearly demonstrate where Joseph Smith knew the "remnant" of the Lamanites would be found.

These quotes in PDF format are downloadable at: http://www.bookofmormonevidence.org/downloads.php

DNA evidence BOM took place in North American (USA): Start with video 118 and listen to the whole interview... very good!
http://www.bookofmormonevidence.org/video_gallery.php

DNA vs Book of Mormon (INCREDIBLE New Evidence)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADM3RYKl5Y

"for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into their likeness is to be saved" (Lectures on Faith 7:16).

SkyBird

Post by SkyBird » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:22 pm

HIDDEN IN THE HEARTLAND-Zelph's Mound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8VBKVHBgKo

"for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into their likeness is to be saved" (Lectures on Faith 7:16).

SkyBird

Post by SkyBird » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm

HIDDEN IN THE HEARTLAND - Dickson Mounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-QqIyf ... pxLc3IITsw

dewajack

Post by dewajack » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Speaking of kittens . . .

start the audio at the 2:30

http://qbedo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/ ... ittens.mp3