***CLEAR BROWSER CACHE***
If you have an issue with round circles displaying all over the forum, it will clear up once you clear out your browser cache.

My testimony of Christ

A place to share your witness and testimony of Christ, the restored gospel, the Book of Mormon etc...
JeremyJ

My testimony of Christ

Post by JeremyJ » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:25 pm

This was part of an email exchange I wanted to share. I felt it would be appropriate to share here.

He said,
Even though the Church is true, many of the members are not true to it.

This was my response.

Whether the church is true or not is unimportant and does not concern me at all. A testimony of the church and prophets and apostles is meaningless if there is not testimony of Christ. All other testimonies must be an appendage to it. For instance," Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. The Book of Mormon is the word of God unto us and we will come to know the Savior more fully from it." A testimony of The Book of Mormon does not mean anything if one does not believe in Jesus Christ.

I bore my testimony at the beginning of the month. This is what I said. "I came to church to bare my testimony and it is simply this. Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God, the Creator of heaven and earth, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. It is only through Him that we can return to the presence of our Father in Heaven."

It is weak I know but it is better than having a testimony of a church and a man or men. They do not have the power to save. Period. It is only in and through the name of Jesus Christ that we will gain salvation and eternal life. He said it himself and yet people do not seem to understand the concept. The church can save no one. The prophet and apostles can save no one. Being true to the church and the prophets will save no one. Only being true to Christ his teachings, his example and emulating Him will bring people to salvation. Him and Him alone.

No amount of testimony of the scriptures, the church, leaders, programs, etc. can do anything for us. It is of these things we must repent. They stand in the way of our truly coming to know the Savior. He said come follow me. Nowhere else in the scriptures is it written that we should follow anyone but Him. I once heard the definition of repent to be "turning to the one who bought you". Christ is the one that bought us and paid the hefty price for us. I recently came across an Ensign article explaining the meaning of repentance. It is an excellent article.

The Meaning of Repentance

If we wish to stay true to the course to eternal life then we must stop all this equivocating about what is necessary and important. Nothing is but the Christ. He is the only way. There is no other name nor way under heaven. Until we embrace that we are lost. Completely and utterly lost.

Then last evening this quote came across my facebook newsfeed. I felt it was appropriate to the conversation.

"Salvation cannot come without revelation; it is in vain for anyone to minister without it. No man is a minister of Jesus Christ without being a Prophet. No man can be a minister of Jesus Christ except he has [the] testimony of Jesus; and this is the spirit of prophecy. Whenever salvation has been administered, it has been by testimony. Men of the present time testify of heaven and hell, and have never seen either; and I will say that no man knows these things without this." (DHC v 3. p. 389)

The gospel is true. Christ lives. We must come to him.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see. We must not close our minds, we must let our thought be free."

A Random Phrase

Re: My testimony of Christ

Post by A Random Phrase » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:47 pm

That's it. That's the crux of the whole matter. Coming to Christ. Thank you for sharing that testimony here.

JeremyJ

Re: My testimony of Christ

Post by JeremyJ » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Thank you Matthew for this excellent post. I knew I had more to do.

Salvation by the Testimony of Jesus

"There is none so blind as he who will not see. We must not close our minds, we must let our thought be free."