***CLEAR BROWSER CACHE***
If you have an issue with round circles displaying all over the forum, it will clear up once you clear out your browser cache.

Matthew's blog post

A place to share your witness and testimony of Christ, the restored gospel, the Book of Mormon etc...
Lance

Matthew's blog post

Post by Lance » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 pm

I wanted to bring this blog post from Matthew to the attention of everyone who visits this site.
He has shared his testimony of the Father and of the Son, as he was asked to do so by the Lord.

http://theremnantofjacob.com/blog/living-according-to-your-faith/

BrentL

Re: Matthew's blog post

Post by BrentL » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Matt, did anyone catch at the end of the sacrament talk where you said you had "seen him" and ask you about it?

"Fools!" said I, "you do not know!"
"Silence like a cancer grows"

Matthew
Owner

Post by Matthew » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:38 pm

BrentL wrote:Matt, did anyone catch at the end of the sacrament talk where you said you had "seen him" and ask you about it?

No not really, a few who I have previously shared my experience with commented afterwords about it, and said that it got very quiet for that moment, and the spirit burned in their souls throughout the talk, but no one else brought it up or asked about it - but several people came forward and thanked us and that what we said they needed to hear. I am sure by now it is forgotten by some. There was a long pause at the end when I ended my testimony the way I did, they mumbled "amen" but I had already sat down back in my seat (on the stand) and before the bishopric had said "amen", then finally they moved forward with the meeting, there was a lull if you will, a pause of reflection. The bishop afterwards did thank my wife and I for sharing our testimonies and for making our talks personal by sharing our own experiences but nothing else was said or has been said.

krich

Post by krich » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Thank you Matthew for your witness. Your witness makes at least 2 and perhaps 3 individuals who have received our Savior that I have learned of recently. Praise GOD. It's happening, I'M so grateful....it gives me more hope and faith...

Dannyk

Post by Dannyk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Reading it now, thanks for sharing this witness!

A Random Phrase

Post by A Random Phrase » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Wow-

I was reading, and when I came to the link to the audio, I stopped and listened, then continued reading. These testimonies that it can happen . . . these witnesses that the Father and the Son appearing have happened to others . . . It really gives me pause. These things are real. I am humbled by reading and listening to your words, Matthew.

This (quoted below) is really good. I think that we often forget that, or don't think that, relying on ourselves is also relying on the arm of flesh.
Sometimes we believe while we cannot trust in the arm of flesh as it pertains to others we rely upon our own strengths and ourselves.

I noticed that you ended your testimony in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Keith Henderson did the same at the last lecture. Bro Naugle (I forget his first name) also did in his testimony at the beginning of Denver Snuffer's last book. Do you know the difference between saying that and simply ending in Jesus' name? If so, I would like to know what that difference is. Is it an ordinance? Did you simply say it because you were inspired to say that, but didn't know why?

clearglass

Post by clearglass » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Matt this is just so great. Wonderful to hear. So glad you shared!

Matthew
Owner

Post by Matthew » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:29 pm

A Random Phrase wrote:
I noticed that you ended your testimony in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Keith Henderson did the same at the last lecture. Bro Naugle (I forget his first name) also did in his testimony at the beginning of Denver Snuffer's last book. Do you know the difference between saying that and simply ending in Jesus' name? If so, I would like to know what that difference is. Is it an ordinance? Did you simply say it because you were inspired to say that, but didn't know why?

Hi Toni, didn't mean to blow off your question, I have been pretty busy of late so I do apologize and for whatever reason I didn't catch your comment/question sooner.

So in answer to your question, "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost" - It was an excited utterance, it was unintended, the words were placed upon my lips. I had thought about what others have done in bearing witness as I had done, but I had no idea that I would, though previous to this I thought that maybe I should but when I was there, speaking from the heart and overcome by the spirit, I wasn't thinking about how I would close my talk and testimony, I was trying to say all the words the Lord filled my heart and mouth with to say. As I mentioned in the blog I took very little preparation, I had a couple scriptures and quotes. The assignment was to speak on the Atonement. I intended to trust in the Lord, and put to test the promise in the scriptures something along the lines of take no thought for what ye shall say, for it shall be given to you in that moment what ye shall say.

Yes it is an ordinance, I believe so - since then I have come to understand that it is, it is a solemn witness and testimony of Christ that He lives, it places the burden upon all those who hear it to come unto Christ and repent. I hadn't understood it to be, previous to this experience, but in the weeks since I have come to understand its purpose, the testimony becomes sealed both in heaven and on earth. But not according to my will, but His. Also, I hadn't intended sharing the recording with anyone with the exception of my father, I told him I would record my talk since I live in Maryland and he in Utah and he couldn't attend. So that is why I ended up recording it in the first place.

I just hope my experiences and thus my weaknesses will help people realize that it is a come as you are party, to qualify, you must repent - and fill yourself with light and knowledge, this is done through studying the Book of Mormon, but that is not all, you must also ponder it, and ask questions, and then take your questions and ask with real intent, in sincerity, with solemn thoughts, through prayer AND uplifted hands, eyes heavenward and by this you knock at the veil, 3 times, you offer up solemn prayers to the father throughout the day, and in that process you pray to Him continually and never cease and hearkening to the spirit, going to your car at lunch and offering up prayers, or kneeling in the bathroom. Your heart should be drawn out towards Him continually, searching, seeking, feeling after Him and He will feel after you, search your heart and will answer.

Agency is numeral uno, you are required to ask questions to get answers, it is against the economy of heaven for messengers to impose upon you with things you are not asking, seeking, knocking or searching for.

krich

Post by krich » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Folks,
There is so much more in Matthew's blog!!!

There is a link at the top of this forum!!!!!

HE has succeeded where most of the rest of us haven't in receiving OUR REDEEMER!!!! There Is SO much To PONDER AND PRAY ABOUT!!!! We can be taught like HE HAS! By my count, I know of at least 10 people that have MET JESUS CHRIST! There has to be more people that I am unaware of who have succeeded too! Come unto Christ all ye people!

IF YOU HAVEN'T LOOKED, CLICK THE LINK!

GOD BE PRAISED!!!!! Share the link with your Fellow traveler's! :halt: :PTHG: