Governing Principles - Document(s)

General discussion
Matthew
Owner

Governing Principles - Document(s)

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:42 pm

There is a division growing between people over two different versions of the governing principles document. A Jeff Savage version and an Adrian Larsen version (as I understand it and am calling it) there are others involved but these are the two primary heads and lines being drawn. There are those who want the Jeff Savage version, and then those who do or don't support either one, and then there are those who support Adrian Larsen's version - which from what I could gather completely abandon the original. It is likely from others comments on FB that these two may work together in drafting a unified document. It seems that there are those who have taken on the Strong Man who are telling those who do not agree with them, they are being told to stand back and or that their ideas are not welcomed or will not be entertained.

My question is what is wrong with the Sermon on the Mount for those who partook of the The Law and Covenant of Denver Snuffer as the governing principles?

Why are people beginning to quarrel over something so seemingly innocent?

The test is not in the drafting and adopting the governing principles, but in how each one of you treat one another in the course of drafting an agreeable document.

Why not abandon the pride, the strong man character(s) and adopt the Lords own words on the Sermon on the Mount and wash your hands and love God more. Something so simple as the Lords own words, would remove the stumbling block before you.

SkyBird

Re: Governing Principles - Document(s)

Post by SkyBird » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Where does one read about this?

"for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into their likeness is to be saved" (Lectures on Faith 7:16).

ChrisPark

Post by ChrisPark » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey there Matt,

Have you read or listened to the scripture project announcement in St.George, Denver's talk in St. George, the Prayer for Covenant, the Answer and Covenant, and Denver's remarks in this past Boise conference?

Matthew
Owner

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:27 pm

SkyBird wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 pm
Where does one read about this?
Some of the debate is on FaceBook, the governing principles document I believe is on http://www.scriptures.info the Facebook group is "LDS Remnant" where I see most of the discussions; you can also checkout Adrian Larsens blog: www.totheremnant.com, I think is what it is.

Matthew
Owner

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:30 pm

ChrisPark wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm
Hey there Matt,

Have you read or listened to the scripture project announcement in St.George, Denver's talk in St. George, the Prayer for Covenant, the Answer and Covenant, and Denver's remarks in this past Boise conference?
I have only read the Answer and Covenant word for word and scanded the Prayer for Covenant. I have not listened to anything else, talks, or otherwise at any of the conferences. I have observed conversations taking place about the various things that have been written or talked about direct quotes from Denver and so forth. It's been all over in various places and FaceBook groups/forums.

ChrisPark

Post by ChrisPark » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Gotcha. Yeah I've noticed some mischaracterizations on the Facebook sphere. Those talks and announcements along with Adrian and Jeff's recently co-authored blog series on "totheremnant.com", the new website "comeserve.com", and all of the relevant updates on scriptures.info are really required reading in order to understand what is going on. There are also email chains with hundreds of people directly involved with the process and creation of these documents that ought to be referenced in order to get a true picture of what is happening.

I guess you could liken it to someone's commentary on the Book of Mormon versus reading the BoM itself. No commentary will be able to tell you what you need to know, you've really just got to read it yourself. Otherwise everything gets misunderstood.

Hope that makes sense. Good to hear from you.