Mutual Agreement

General discussion
MichaelB

Mutual Agreement

Post by MichaelB » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm trying to understand the Boise covenant, and the controversy over the GS, and I'd like to know where things stand now.

I understand you had another vote.

How did it turn out?

I read this on Jared's blog the other day.
Merely adopting The Rock of Jesus Christ: A Statement of Our Principles as our written guide and standard will not be enough...
http://logscabin.blogspot.com/2018/01/m ... s.html?m=1

Does that mean it's been settled?

Have you mutually agreed to accept "The Rock of Jesus" now?

And if you haven't, and Jared is the only hold out, could this be relevant?
Therefore, I confess before men, angels, and God, that I did say “yes” when I should have said nothing. I do not know how else to repent of this except to say that to those who have entered into the covenant provided through Denver Snuffer, they should consider me as not being part of that covenant.
http://logscabin.blogspot.com/2017/09/a ... s.html?m=0

If this means he's not part of the covenant body, how could his dissent prevent those who are from meeting the covenant's mutual agreement requirement?

Could somebody who knows the results of the latest poll update me, and let me know whether you've finally reached mutual agreement (with or without Jared)?

Thank you.
Last edited by MichaelB on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mujer

Re: Mutual Agreement

Post by Mujer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 am

It is felt by many that those who voted to accept both the "united proposal" process and the lots' version as a G&S are all those who meet the requirement to be mutually agreed. It does not matter who or how many disagreed when a majority voted yes. What most seem to believe and want now is for the task to be finished and for those who still disagree to not openly say so, to avoid an appearance of disputing or contention I suppose.

None of the other proposals, including The Rock of Jesus Christ, were ever presented to the body for a proper vote.

The lots' group feel they have completed the assignment they were given, and have given the scripture committee a final draft to be published in the T&C as the official G&S for the covenant body. It appears all those mutually agreed are happy for this.

As for Jared's stuff, I personally think it is a low blow to keep throwing in his face the experience he shared on his blog from the covenant conference. (I am not accusing you of taking a low blow, by the way. You are simply seeking understanding.) He said yes. He's part of the covenant body, though it seems to matter not if he continues to descent. Perhaps some are trying to find a way to disqualify him so he can be ignored? I don't know. When Jared comes out and says Christ has told him he is released from any obligation with the covenant, then I am sure he will remove himself from further involvement.

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:53 am

Thank you.

But didn't Jared himself (in his own words-on September 4, 2017) warn those who accepted the covenant offered thru Denver that "they should not consider him part of that covenant"?

And doesn't "not part of that covenant" = not part of the covenant body?

And if his words (on Monday, September 4, 2017) have any meaning at all, shouldn't he have no voice in the process the covenant body is going thru (in mutually agreeing on a statement of guiding principles)?

Mujer

Post by Mujer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:11 am

Jared is best qualified to respond to your questions, but I believe he already answered them in subsequent blog posts. To my view, if he still believes himself in covenant with Christ and the group, I welcome him.

PS--I misspelled dissent. LOL I knew it looked wrong, but fatigue fogged my neurons.