A very interesting article

General discussion
MichaelB

A very interesting article

Post by MichaelB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 am

I found this article on time very interesting (and I'd be interested in any comments.)

http://www.ldsliving.com/How-Does-God-s ... rk/s/80028

Raseborg

Re: A very interesting article

Post by Raseborg » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Well now that you put it that way..

For example I have had this ridiculous argument thrown at me more than once that God doesn't appear to average you and me because he has either "better things to do" or rather "he would be neglecting his other duties". which then induces me arguing even further that he can even appear to men in person at several places AT THE SAME TIME. Not that I could back this up scripturally, but hey come on, they did it in Back To The Future, so it has to be basic stuff right?

I would say.. that if this "appearing in person to me" -movement, or whatever label you wanna put on it, that which has gained much popularity among past few years, if this goes to the point of Zion where God is an everyday sight, I don't think the privilege of seeing him, which is an ordinance itself, is limited to those people who happen to own piece of property "next to his house". You know, I live in Scandinavia, and I have zero intentions in moving to Jackson county nor Rocky Mountains nor America at all. I stick here, this is my Zion and we gather here, this is our Adam Ondi Ahman where we meet God. Sorry Americans but you put too much trust over a piece of land instead of your righteousness. So.. other sheep I have.. and they are all over the place, and they are many, and they are much in need of comfort too, even by the second comforter, hence the necessity to be at several places at the same time.

I am looking forward to the time when second comforter experiences become so frequent and when people actually try to put time stamps to their experiences, they will for the first time by comparing their diaries realize that God has actually been at the same time in several places.

This is one of those things that Mormon Nicene Creed just decided about God and thus set stakes at their own progression.

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you Raseborg

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Raseborg wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 pm
Well now that you put it that way..

For example I have had this ridiculous argument thrown at me more than once that God doesn't appear to average you and me because he has either "better things to do" or rather "he would be neglecting his other duties". which then induces me arguing even further that he can even appear to men in person at several places AT THE SAME TIME. Not that I could back this up scripturally, but hey come on, they did it in Back To The Future, so it has to be basic stuff right?

I would say.. that if this "appearing in person to me" -movement, or whatever label you wanna put on it, that which has gained much popularity among past few years, if this goes to the point of Zion where God is an everyday sight, I don't think the privilege of seeing him, which is an ordinance itself, is limited to those people who happen to own piece of property "next to his house". You know, I live in Scandinavia, and I have zero intentions in moving to Jackson county nor Rocky Mountains nor America at all. I stick here, this is my Zion and we gather here, this is our Adam Ondi Ahman where we meet God. Sorry Americans but you put too much trust over a piece of land instead of your righteousness. So.. other sheep I have.. and they are all over the place, and they are many, and they are much in need of comfort too, even by the second comforter, hence the necessity to be at several places at the same time.

I am looking forward to the time when second comforter experiences become so frequent and when people actually try to put time stamps to their experiences, they will for the first time by comparing their diaries realize that God has actually been at the same time in several places.

This is one of those things that Mormon Nicene Creed just decided about God and thus set stakes at their own progression.
Thanks again Raseborg.

I read this today, found it interesting, and thought of your comments here.

(I had hopped it was written by Mr. Snuffer, but it appears to have been contributed by someone named Jeff Savage.)
To understand what a messenger is allowed to do, recognizing the nonlinear nature of prophecy is important. Christ and His Father see things outside of time, where all things past, present and future are continually before them.
http://scriptures.info/Scriptures/dc/appendixa/

And Mr. Snuffer does appear to have said something similar (about God's thoughts being nonlinear) in a lecture entitled "be of good cheer" (given in Boise Idaho.)

Raseborg

Post by Raseborg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Yep he did. I can't find the spot now but in one of those lectures he also mentions the people of Enoch being taken up to heaven and then coming back at the end of the world and all that happening over night.

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Thank you Raseborg.

Has Mr. Snuffer ever said that when Zion is built it will be in Colorado?

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:05 pm

So can anyone here in the flesh really understand or comprehend what it means to be outside and above linear time?