The Lottery G&S Is Claiming a Mandate

***Please Read***
An open discussion forum for those who have assented to the covenant offered through Denver Snuffer to write and / or adopt by mutual agreement a statement of principles as a guide and standard.
log

The Lottery G&S Is Claiming a Mandate

Post by log » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Well, it seems that the Lottery G&S group, claiming a mandate from God and the body, will be presenting the Scripture Committee with their proposal for adoption and publication, with the body being apparently defined as all those who agree with the Lottery G&S. Those who dissent from the Lottery G&S proposal, according to an answer to a prayer by the Lottery G&S writers, are not part of the body.

https://guideandstandard.blogspot.com/2 ... ts_26.html

The Lord never does vary from that which he has said, nor does he lie. This is going to be very interesting to watch.

truth

Re: The Lottery G&S Is Claiming a Mandate

Post by truth » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:35 pm

It is interesting to me that this people would willingly choose to place upon themselves more "rules" than even God has done. Seriously, what?! And of course the next step is to become judges over the "body of believers" that don't walk up exactly to the standard being set, the standard by which God will allow them to be judged because that is what they desired. Because if it matters that, for instance, excess money after caring for the poor among them go to the temple fund, then someone somewhere will decide that such a guideline needs to be reinforced, or at least that such a guideline be held to the face of anyone who chooses, say, to instead give to the poor not among them.

Mujer

Post by Mujer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:34 am

I tend to be slow picking up on things, or rather, at understanding what my heart is telling me she sees. I can sense in my heart something is amiss, but understanding where and how takes some work in my head. I can understand now why the analogy of the third hosts of heaven has been used and that many appear to agree with it. It enables the majority to justify themselves. I believe you are speaking truth about this, Log. I do not know, however, what will happen after the vote as far as those who do not "sustain" the at-this-moment proposed G&S. I know it will be placed in the T&C, but I am thinking about the body as a whole. Will there be a sifting process by Christ? If an individual, family, or fellowship have determined the G&S is not accepted or approved by Christ, and therefore they are not required to use it as their guide and standard, what then? What Truth is saying in his comment--reinFORCEment? ABBA GOD, help us all.

log

Post by log » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Well, let’s put it this way.

There’s formal enforcement, and then there’s informal enforcement.

An example of formal enforcement is the 12 women council revoking priesthood permission slips; the process has been laid out and the conditions are made public and explicit.

An example of informal enforcement is simply abusing those whom one perceives as “not us,” or who are lesser than ourselves in our own eyes, in order to gain compliance or conformity with “our” will, to lessen their status in the social heirarchy (ie, “know your place,” or “who do you think you are?” and so on), or to drive them away from “us.”

Right now, you can watch the process of informal enforcement of orthodoxy at the G&S site.

I anticipate informal enforcement for the provisions of the G&S - as it was in Book of Mormon times.

Because once people decide you are “not us” and they don’t want you around, well, interesting things happen.

And “you are not us” is the meaning of Shalyce’s prayer to any who dissent from the Lottery G&S.

=====

10 But it came to pass in the twenty and ninth year there began to be some disputings among the people; and some were lifted up unto pride and boastings because of their exceedingly great riches, yea, even unto great persecutions;

11 For there were many merchants in the land, and also many lawyers, and many officers.

12 And the people began to be distinguished by ranks, according to their riches and their chances for learning; yea, some were ignorant because of their poverty, and others did receive great learning because of their riches.

13 Some were lifted up in pride, and others were exceedingly humble; some did return railing for railing, while others would receive railing and persecution and all manner of afflictions, and would not turn and revile again, but were humble and penitent before God.

14 And thus there became a great inequality in all the land, insomuch that the church began to be broken up; yea, insomuch that in the thirtieth year the church was broken up in all the land save it were among a few of the Lamanites who were converted unto the true faith; and they would not depart from it, for they were firm, and steadfast, and immovable, willing with all diligence to keep the commandments of the Lord.

15 Now the cause of this iniquity of the people was this—Satan had great power, unto the stirring up of the people to do all manner of iniquity, and to the puffing them up with pride, tempting them to seek for power, and authority, and riches, and the vain things of the world.

16 And thus Satan did lead away the hearts of the people to do all manner of iniquity; therefore they had enjoyed peace but a few years.

17 And thus, in the commencement of the thirtieth year—the people having been delivered up for the space of a long time to be carried about by the temptations of the devil whithersoever he desired to carry them, and to do whatsoever iniquity he desired they should—and thus in the commencement of this, the thirtieth year, they were in a state of awful wickedness.

18 Now they did not sin ignorantly, for they knew the will of God concerning them, for it had been taught unto them; therefore they did wilfully rebel against God.