Log is not holding anyone "hostage"

***Please Read***
An open discussion forum for those who have assented to the covenant offered through Denver Snuffer to write and / or adopt by mutual agreement a statement of principles as a guide and standard.
truth

Log is not holding anyone "hostage"

Post by truth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Many people have claimed many things in regard to the Guide and Standard. One of the things being claimed or insinuated is that if Log would stop dissenting that the body would have mutual agreement. This is false as far as I can see for the following reasons:

1 - If y'all y'all have decided that Log or anyone who dissents is by their dissension not part of the covenant body, then you have nothing to fuss about. Go your way and have peace. I don't believe this is true, and I don't believe you all believe this is true or you would have peace already and be done with it.

2- Log is not the only dissenter. You have at a minimum 29 other individuals who have made their dissent known through the most recent vote, some by name and some not by name. Do you care to cast them aside as well? If so, go your way and have peace. If not, shouldn't their concerns be addressed?

3 - If this body of believers' hearts were knit together with Log being the only outlier, you wouldn't have multiple G&S's; you wouldn't have any argumentation among yourselves. This is clearly not the case.

4 - You are free to do whatever you want. If the requirement for "mutual agreement," which is the Lord's requirement, is stopping you from doing whatever you want then it is the Lord you have issue with, and to be true to the Lord, the solution is not to do whatever you want anyway. It is to find mutual agreement. Is there nothing this entire body can agree upon? Can this entire body not even agree upon as much as the Gospel of Christ and the Sermon on the Mount as leading principles? If that's true, then we've probably joined the wrong club to begin with.

I myself would like the G&S to be a sign of our fidelity to God, a statement of understanding of what is required to be a Zion people. I can't think of a better place to begin than the Golden Rule (which was apparently a "Guide & Standard" that was rejected) and the Sermon. This shouldn't be a matter of whose name is attached (there probably shouldn't be names attached). This shouldn't be a matter of setting up rules and "handbooks of instruction." Let the Holy Spirit do what the Holy Spirit does. We don't need to lead men to standards of conduct beyond what the Lord has asked. This is a matter of trust, trust that we will take the Holy Spirit and the scriptures for our GUIDE and STANDARD--see Answer and Covenant for God's request in this--and that we will encourage every person not to follow a man to curse them (2 Nephi 12:9 RE) but to know the Lord for themselves (Hebrews 5:1 RE).

truth

Re: Log is not holding anyone "hostage"

Post by truth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:01 pm

P.S. The concept of going along to get along is not a principle of heaven. Instead it is the acknowledgement of fear in the absence of truth. Those who request such are those who are willing to abuse. Those who acquiesce to it are those who will not be able to withstand the God of Heaven, not knowing why they stand where they stand.

truth

Re: Log is not holding anyone "hostage"

Post by truth » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:48 pm

When I was a teen, perhaps 16, the leadership of my stake packed the youth onto a bus and we traveled to BYU-Provo where we stayed for several days. I suppose this was an early version of what the LDS Church now calls 'Especially for Youth' (EFY). Maybe that's what they called then too. I don't know. On the very first day, after getting us settled into dorm rooms, they gave us a tour of the campus and brought us to a large field where they were having get-to-know each other games with what must have been hundreds of other youth. I was an extremely shy young woman and did not want to physically participate. I was with my best friend who also did not want to participate.

The leader "in charge" of us, however, very much wanted us to participate. First, she cajoled with her very well-intended fake smile urging us that "it will be fun." Then she mocked, saying how we didn't want to be different from every body else. Then she threatened that our parents and the bishop would be notified and that maybe we should be sent home. Then she took my friend by the arm and literally dragged her across the field into a circle of hand-holding teens. This woman did not know me and did not lay hands on me. I sat back and waited for this part of the day to be over.