"How Can We Become One?"

***Please Read***
An open discussion forum for those who have assented to the covenant offered through Denver Snuffer to write and / or adopt by mutual agreement a statement of principles as a guide and standard.
log

"How Can We Become One?"

Post by log » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 pm

An email correspondent asked:
How can we be one (as commanded) of we aren't aware of each other as children of God instead of simply speakers or typers of words?
I replied:
We become one by first being reconciled to God's will. God's will is that we should repent and believe in his son, Jesus Christ. To believe in Jesus Christ means to do exactly what he says in all circumstances and at every cost, no more and no less. To repent means to cast aside all our sins - those things in which we do more or less than that which God has commanded by his son, Jesus Christ, in the Sermon on the Mount. We are promised in the sacramental prayer for the bread that if we always keep the commandments of Jesus Christ then we will always have his spirit to be with us. Those who always keep the commandments of Jesus Christ are animated by the same spirit, even the spirit of Christ, and their understandings are quickened by the same mind, even the mind of God, and they receive a new heart through the visitation of fire and of the Holy Ghost. With this common understanding in God, they become unified in mind and in heart.

Therefore, to become one as we have been commanded, we must be always keeping the commandments of Jesus Christ. His commandments are to be kept as literally as a small child would understand these words.

Give to everyone that asks you to.
If anyone sues you let them have what they are suing you for without a fight.
Do not forbid anyone to take your stuff.
If anyone takes your stuff do not ever ask for it back.
Lend to all comers and do not ever ask to be repaid.
Forgive all debts owed to you.
Forgive all transgressions against you.
If anyone hits you on the cheek, do not curse them but turn the other cheek to them so they can hit you again.
Give to the beggars who hold up their signs.
Do not store up wealth or other temporal things for yourself but instead give it to the poor.
Love your enemies by your works and not simply by your words.
Bless those who curse you by your works and not simply by your words.
Pray for those who spitefully use you and abuse you because you always obey these commandments.
Be as merciful to everyone as you wish God Most High to be to you.

And so on.

Those who always keep these commandments, and the rest as recorded in the Sermon, become unified in Christ. These commandments are the ways of peace and love. These are the ways and paths of the Lord.

qadolpho

Re: "How Can We Become One?"

Post by qadolpho » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Log,
This is Q Adolpho, I read most of your stuff, but I admit I haven't really gone over everything with a fine tooth comb. Based on what I have read, I agree with you. To me, Unity happens when you, as an individual, seek God out and make a connection with Him.It is Him who will do the uniting. By loving Him and doing as He says, Charity for others happens because as you become to know Him, you speak truth. It is truth that will set people free from the bonds of this world, which to me is Charity. Abinadai was charitable, although I don't know if we would see it like that in our day, we may think him to be brash and mean. Our job is to do as He asks by His voice. Rob and I, from the beginning of this GS project, have had one message: Let the Lord, the King of Zion lead by way of His voice and all Men/Women have an equal opportunity to hear His voice.
Take Care, Q